If you’ve managed to click the read more, and somehow aren’t me, be warned. This may be a lengthy one.
I’ve been wanting to make one of these for a while. Just because I feel a lot better when I write things down and get them out of my head. I’ve been wanting to make a list. A list of all the things I am truly grateful for. Especially since they offer a wonderful contrast to my life, because I am usually in sucky situations that leave me counting down the days until I’m 18. So here is a list to remind me when I go back through my blog that not everything sucks. And in no particular order, here we go:
- My girl friends: Ashley, April, and Megan. They are lovely. Absolutely lovely. I never have a bad time with them and I’m almost always constantly laughing and enjoying myself. We can car chat or go on DQ/Wendy’s runs and it’s so nice to have female friends who I know are there for me and I know I’ll be there for them. Especially Megan. I don’t know what it is about that girl but we just get along so well and I love her. I want to be there for her when she needs a friend, I want to go out and have a good time with her, I want her to know that I don’t ever want a repeat of like, January - Marchish(?) Rough patches be damned. We made it through and for a reason. We’re meant to be best friends.
- Haylee: My friend since like…. 5th grade when she called me Walmart-Girl because my desk was so efficiently organized and I seemed to have everything. We’ve been friends for forever and I (hopefully) will never take that for granted. I will always have her and I hope she knows she will always have me. I mean, who else would dress up and be the Harry Potter to my Draco Malfoy on Halloween?
- Alex: God love that girl. I can be weird around her. I can act on my borderline obsession with movies and celebrities and beauty stuff and the Internet. We don’t share the same friend circle, but that’s fine, because I still love her anyway.
- Katie: I honestly can’t even. Such a koala tea person that there are not words for this girl and how she has blessed my life. Words simply don’t do her justice. Order of the Owl. ;)
- My bestest friend: Matthew. The Harry to my Hermione. The Drake to my Grace. The one who makes me think “Let me tell you ‘bout my bessttt friend. A warm hearted person, who loves me till the enddd”. It’s odd because we don’t really talk as often as one would think best friends talk. You’d assume we converse all the freakin’ time with the way I talk about him, but whatever. When we do talk it’s like we never stopped. When we hang out it’s like the world is our goddamn oyster. No one gets me like he does. We’re so similar yet we are very very different. It’s just weird. I love him to death. Probably far more than he loves me. But I’m over it. I’m afraid he’ll unintentionally leave me behind when he goes off to college in the fall, but I’ve told him many a time that not being best friends is not an option. And I will stand by that. Because we’re best friends forever. Literally. Purple. #bestfriend
- John: Wow. Just wow. This boy. He has put up with all my crap since November 5th of last year. (Welll…. since a bit before that if we’re being honest…). He probably knows me better than I know myself. A knowledge only contested by that of Matt and Katie, though Katie might trump all… anyway, When I’m with him, we’re all that matters. I love him. Always. I really do. I don’t know what the future holds, but I hope he’ll always be in it in whatever capacity he can be. I kind of can’t imagine life without him at this point.
- My cross-the-country best friend: Lauren Culbertson. We’ve been friends since around the time I turned eleven. She lives in California, very far away, but I still somehow feel like she is one of the closest people to me.
- My Godmother: Suzanne. A sinner and a saint all in one. She’s been like a second mother to me my whole life and even when I get busy and it seems like I’ve forgotten her, I’m always thinking about her. I hope she will be there to see all my future accomplishments. Like when I graduate high school. And college. When I start my first real job. When I get married. When I have kids. I want her to be there through all of it, I want to share it with her and be the daughter she never had.
I dunno, certain things make you think. Sometimes, when it seems like everything sucks, you just need to take the time to remember that there is a lot that you have going for you. I don’t think I’ve forgotten anyone, but I’m also a bit scatterbrained sometimes so who knows.